These items are what we most urgently need at this time as we near August.
5 and 3 subject notebooks
Backpacks or Messenger bag
Pens & Pencils
Calculators/Scientific & Regular
Glue Sticks and Regular Glue
Pencil Boxes or bags
Compass & Protractors
Socks & Undies of all sizes for boys & girls
For a Youth Library
These are the authors of many books native:
1. Cynthia Leitich Smith (mostly childrens books) Jingle dancer etc.
2. Joseph Ele Joubert (translation) The First Council Fire
>3. Carol Dana (poetry) When No One Was Looking
4. Alice Azure, Along Came A Spider
5. Joseph Bruchac (any of his books)
6. Zitkala-Sa (Sioux) Interpreted By Charles Eastman and Luther Standing Bear
7. Morning Dove (Colville) Coyote Stories
8. Pamela Greenhill Kaizen (dakota) Lakota and Dakota Animal Wisdom Stories
We have gotten somewhat of a start with these books but always need more.
Okiciyap wants to provide morning & noon meals to children and elderly and teach cooking classes, there's a need to teach cooking from scratch.
Large pots, large cooking sheets, muffin tins, 12" or Larger frying pan, bread pans,pasta pots w/strainers, first aid kits.
Tables and Chairs for 35 kids to start. 2 x 8 size
Arts and Crafts
Ink cartridges for the printer : Canon PG-210XL black,Canon CL-211XL color
Paper, staplers and staples, tape, chalk, tacks, push pins, bulletin boards, pens, pencils, highlighters, pencil sharpener, band-aid, first aid kits, forever stamps.
Supplies for Kids' Movie Nights
The closest show hall is 65 miles away off the rez. We would still love to have a popcorn machine too.
Sewing machines are always wanted, and Cindy can repair most of them. She owns an Industrial Straight Stitch for her quilting and such but it is not portable, as it weighs 600lbs.